Thursday, February 27, 2014

Camping w Girl Scouts

Yeah, I broke down.  For the love of Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Buddha, and Oprah, I sucked it up and went CAMPING.  IN.  A.  CABIN.   It was for my daughter's Daisy troop.  There were twenty 7 year old's and twenty moms.   A mother's love knows no bounds.

Funny things there:
•  Driving to the hike was exhausting.
•  Seeing a guy hike while holding a beer bottle gave me flashbacks of Appalachia cabbie.
•  A fireplace with a sign that says, "No Fires In Fireplace."
•  Warning the pubescent park ranger to be careful because there were cougars on the loose.
•  Creating a Park Ranger Name formula.  First name is a National Park and last name is an outdoorsy brand.  I'm Smokey Coleman but am fiercely jealous of my friend's more courgarrrific name, Glacier Patagonia.


 Making whoopie is the art of joyful merriment, or being crazy enough to make your own fun wherever you are, even with taxidermy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment